Sunday, October 30, 2011

No power....again

I sit down to type this post from my in-laws house in Natick, Massachusetts because we cannot be home without power.  We lose power more often than anyone ever should.  In the three years that we have lived in Newmarket we have lost power over 7 times and twice we have lost it for than a week.  This is ridiculous!  The worst part of losing power is that we have to uprooted our entire family and interrupt the lives of friends and family.  If it were just Annie and I with the older two kids we might have tried to stay but with Ryan we just can't do it.  He can't have a blanket because he is too young and with no heat he would just get too cold. 

A big thank you to Lee, Rocky and Colbs for letting us crash their place last night.  When the Gray's come to spend the night it is quite an event.  With five of us it quickly looks like we are moving everything we own into whatever house we enter.  With the two porta cribs, blankets, pillows, clothes, formula, snacks and car seat we are quite a sight rolling into town. 

Today, upon arrival at the Grandparents house Jack and Caroline turn into a tornado of noise and excitement that cannot be contained.  As they are doing laps around the inside of the house Annie tells me, "oh, my parents are going to read in here." I think she was hoping the kids would quiet down a bit, but I told her that her parents knowingly gave up any hope of peace and quiet when they allowed us to come and stay with them.  Annie's mom quickly agreed and told me how she has told Annie's dad to enjoy the quiet while it lasted this morning!  I call this the calm before the storm! 

Anyone want us to come over and bring the storm?  I am hoping for power by Tuesday, but I won't hold my breath.  Until then the tornado of noise and excitement will remain at the Grandparents house!

1 comment:

  1. you are more than welcome to use our house - we won't be around at all tomorrow so the kids could run and scream all they want!

    ReplyDelete