Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sleeping, cursing and nudity

I am going to try to come back to this Daddy Blog thing. It has been a long time since I have posted on this blog and lots has happened since my last my post which I don't even remember! Since my last post Annie and I welcomed Ryan Paul into our house. There was a time there where I was thinking of sending him back because he was interrupting my sleep on a regular basis and I was not down with that. Well, in the last few days all of that has changed. Annie and I decided that it was time for Ryan to learn how to put himself to sleep on his own. We did this same thing with our older two and it was probably the greatest parenting decision I have ever made. Both of our older kids took less than three nights to learn how to go to sleep without throwing major fits. Caroline was a dream sleep and was sleeping through the night before she was even 4 months old. Jack on the other hand didn't start sleeping through the night until he was almost a year and a half, but he could go down on his own.


And now on to Ryan's experience. A few nights ago we decided to send Ryan to sleeping boot camp and Annie put him down to bed while he was awake. He cried for less than 20 minutes and the greatest thing happened after that...he slept through the night! He went from 8:30-6:30am! And the next night he went down and cried for less than 10 minutes and by night 3 three he wasn't crying at all. This was the first time I had slept through the night for two nights in a row since Ryan was born! And Annie certainly had it way worse than I did since I was a bit of an idiot from time to time and refused to help! I am a good person, but interrupt my sleep and I get downright nasty. I wouldn't even begin to share some of the words that came tumbling out of my too tired mouth in the middle of the night. Thank goodness Annie was the only one who ever heard that side of my vocabulary. I think some people would be shocked!


Getting back on track here...we are now into night 5 of Ryan putting himself to sleep and it is awesome. He sleeps through the night. He takes better naps and has a more regular schedule of awake and sleep time. I haven't cursed at anyone or anything in 5 days and I feel all the better for it!


On another note, at some point we are going to have to deal with our little nudist named Jackson. As soon as Jack wakes up he gets naked. When he comes home he gets naked. Sometimes he is outside and he gets naked. At what age can you be charged with indecent exposure? Related to this is Jackson great pleasure in peeing every where but the toilet. He is potty trained (he wears a diaper during nap and nighttime) but he loves to pee in all kinds of places. He gets naked, goes out on the back deck, leans back and then starts peeing in a high arc. Today I had him downtown fishing in the river behind the church and when I turned around I found him with his pants around his ankles while he was peeing in the water. He was so excited. "Daddy, pee water! Daddy, PEE WATER!!" There is a nudist camp down the street. Maybe someday he can move in over there, but until then we may need to work on him keeping his pants on a little more.


I have lots more to add, but I think I better stop for now. Sleeping, cursing and nudity is enough for tonight! Hope you enjoyed!

3 comments:

  1. I have that same problem with chris, always taking his pants off and peeing everywhere,,,,haha
    glad to hear my godson is sleeping better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be a Gray thing...I do the same

    ReplyDelete
  3. 645:1 Indecent Exposure and Lewdness. –
    I. A person is guilty of a misdemeanor if such person fornicates, exposes his or her genitals, or performs any other act of gross lewdness under circumstances which he or she should know will likely cause affront or alarm.

    No age is specified...so I guess it's at the age that he should "know better"

    ReplyDelete