Friday, April 9, 2010

From a Dad's Eye

So, one of my Natick High School friends (Becky Williams Whitney) told me today that I should start a blog because I am a parent of 2 awesome kids (I kind of agree with that) and I have an educated opinion! (That is very true!) Being the good listener that I am I got right on it and started this blog. As you can see from the blog title I will be blogging from the eyes of a Dad. I think that often we dad's get a bad rap and people usually ask other mom's how to do this or how to do that. Hello! I am a parent too and I have an opinion. Sometimes these decisions are based on knowledge and more often they are based on what will be the most entertaining for me! "Dad, I can puddle!" Translation, "Dad, can I jump in the puddle with my shoes on and no rain gear." My thinking: Experience tells me that jumping in a puddle without rain boots and a rain coat results in wet, cold child. My entertain me side says, "Go for it. Looks like fun!" Fun for me side wins out over experience and Caroline gets soaked in a puddle! A win for both of us, until her feet turned blue!

So, Dad's and Mom's out there, be prepared to hear stories from this Dad that will inspire you, enlighten you, make you laugh and sometimes you may even want to throw up! I am a Dad and I have something to say!

1 comment: