Sunday, April 11, 2010

I ordered a Zima, not emphysema

You know what I have trouble with? People who smoke anywhere near me! I can't stand it. It makes me sick (literally) and I can smell someone smoking from a mile away. Driving down the road if someone is smoking in the car ahead of me; I can smell it. Sitting in my living room and someone smoking on their deck down at the end of the condo; I can smell it. People smoking just outside of the door to non-smoking establishments; I can smell it. Now, I know that people have a right to do what they want, but why do I have to do it too? Second hand smoke is gross. You want to choose to kill yourself and get lung cancer...fine, but don't give it to me!
This all came about because I was outside at my church today selling food during a half marathon in town and there were so many people smoking. I felt like I had smoked half a pack of cigarettes without taking a single puff! I do believe that smokers have the right to smoke and outside is a great place to do it. I just wish that I had a moving no smoking zone around myself. Maybe a 50 foot radius within which people aren't allowed to smoke? Enter my area with a cigarette and you get an electric shock or something. Or maybe you smoke inside my radius and I kick you in the shins until you stop or move. I don't know. Smoking is just so nasty. Sorry to any smokers that I know, but I think your habit is nasty and I don't want it near me!

1 comment: