Sunday, April 25, 2010

I want to know

I want to know who came up with the word "why" and why on earth is it that children become obsessed with the word! I understand that Caroline is learning about her world and has lots of questions but if I hear the word one more time I might go a little nuts. Here is an example from today. I spilled something on the deck outside and got the broom to sweep it up. Caroline, "what you doing?" Me: "Getting the broom." C: "Why?" Me: "Because daddy spilled something on the deck." C: "Why?" Me: "It was an accident." C: "Why?" Me: "Daddy wasn't being careful." C: "Why? Me: "Because." C: "Why?" Me: "Because." C: "Why?" Me: "Because." C: "Why?" Me: Walk away shaking head! C: "Where you going?" Me: "To put the broom away." C: "Why?" And on it went for the rest of the night. WHY ME? Why...why...why...why me!

2 comments:

  1. Honestly, if I could have one wish, it would be that my children NEVER stop asking why NEVER, ever! LOL However, I think it might be best if they did it 75% in their heads and 25% out of their mouths.
    Why did you use a broom to clean the deck and not Fred? Why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you are going crazy, there is one way to get her out of the cycle. Ask HER a question. "what should I use to clean it up? or "what should I do with it now?" Just keeping the conversation going usually stops them in their tracks!

    ReplyDelete